Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Eagle

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:28-31

I have had several days of feeling overwhelmed and “weak” lately. This morning as I was heading to the mailbox I saw an eagle flying above our property. It was the beautiful reminder I needed that no matter how overwhelming life gets, when I lean on Christ for strength He will see me through. I felt a bit freer as I watched the eagle hover over our home for a few minutes.

Not only did the eagle remind me that Christ will give me the strength that I need, but it also reminded me of my Dad. He loved being outdoors, watching animals, and enjoying God’s creation. As I watched the eagle I could almost hear my Dad tell me (like he so often did when I was having a rough day) that everything will be okay with God at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment